New Stairway of the Stars Building......................$1,550,000
Retirement of MFA Building Mortgage....................$55,000
Building Reserve Funds................................................$180,000
Capital Campaign Expense............................................$15,000
There are many options for your gift:
• Our new dance studio provides a wealth of opportunities for commemorative gifts − from the dressing rooms to ballet barres to the sound systems.
• Your gift or pledge in memory or in recognition of someone you wish to honor (a family member, friend, colleague, teacher) provides a beautiful memorial or tribute to a special person in your life.
• If available, use the Matching Gift program offered by your employer to increase your gift to Maywood Fine Arts.
For more information on any of these options ask your campaign Ambassador or call MFA for more details.
Thanks to the commitment of early donations, including an anonymous $1 million gift, our goal is now $500,000. To be successful, we need pledges from friends, families, alumni, businesses, and everyone who recognizes our impact on children and our community. To reach our objective, we need the following from you:
• Understanding that this effort is not simply about a new building but about shaping young lives and influencing progress in Maywood.
• Thoughtful and proportionate gifts – to be made over a two-year period.
• Exceptional volunteerism to assist with all elements of the campaign.
We will be seeking meaningful pledges and gifts to help us reach our $500,000 goal. A variety of opportunities for giving are available so that donors at all levels can participate and make a difference. A gift to the campaign doesn’t necessarily have to be in the form of cash. Options for giving include stock, appreciated assets, life insurance and more. Non-cash gifts like these often carry attractive tax advantages.
Maywood Fine Arts is a safe haven and a positive influence for thousands of children. While we have continued to offer dance in a rented space since the fire destroyed our studio, we look forward to building a new state-of-the-art facility and creating a true Fine Arts Campus. To make this goal a reality we need $1.8 million, which will be allocated as follows:
Building Reserves – An operating and maintenance reserve fund will guarantee the future and continuity of all MFA programs and services.
“The heart of Maywood Fine Arts is creating a culture of community every day.” Melisa Casteel PhD, National Lewis University Training Specialist, studied dance
New Stairway of the Stars Dance Studio – This $1.55 million, 9,000 square foot building will unify MFA into a centralized Arts Campus. It will contain three beautiful new studios that will allow us to expand both our dance and fitness programs. This building will also jump-start urban revitalization in the heart of Maywood’s Business District.
MFA Building – In 1996 MFA purchased and transformed a boarded up bank building into a home for its tumbling, karate, visual arts, drama and music programs. Retirement of the mortgage will enable us to reallocate resources to upgrade the MFA building and expand programming.